Dr. F. Patterson Owings is an Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in hand and upper-extremity surgery.
Dr. Owings completed his surgical residency at Emory University, and his fellowship in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery at the Campbell Clinic in Memphis, Tennessee.
He has received his Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification (ATLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS).
Dr. Owings also enjoys spending time with his family, running, snow skiing, mountain biking, travelling, backpacking, hunting, and fishing.
Doctor of Medicine
Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University
Bachelor of Arts, European History
Washington and Lee University
POST-GRADUATE EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Fellow, Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Campbell Clinic
- Program Director: James Calandruccio, MD
Resident, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Emory University
- Program Director: Thomas Bradbury, MD
Resident, PGY 1 & 2, Department of Surgery
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Program Directors: Charles Ferguson, MD & John Mullen, MD
MEDICAL LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, board eligible as of August, 2015
- State of Mississippi Medical License, issued July 14, 2015
- State of Tennessee Medical License, issued May 12, 2015
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification (ATLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS)
- Louisville Microsurgery Techniques Course, February, 2016
- AO Trauma Course, Basic Principles and Techniques of Fracture Management Course, July, 2011
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Candidate Member
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Resident/Fellow Member
- American College of Surgeons, Resident/FellowMember
- Robert P. Kelly Emory Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Alumni Society
HONORS & AWARDS
National Pathology Honor Society, Inducted Fall 2006