Dr. Christopher Merrell and his wife Kelly Merrell moved to Charleston in 2007. Originally from Dayton, Ohio, he majored in Zoology at Miami University and received his medical degree at The Ohio State University College of Medicine in 2003. After completing residency at the Virginia Commonwealth University, he practiced and taught at The Medical University of South Carolina in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery for five years before joining Lowcountry Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in 2012.
He enjoys trying to figure out why his patients are hurting and challenges himself with formulating plans to help his patients function and feel better. His fields of expertise are: electrodiagnostic testing (EMG), comprehensive physical rehabilitation, diagnostic and therapeutic injections, spinal cord stimulation for chronic pain, nonsurgical orthopedic care, and treatment of recreational athletes.
He works with his wife, Kelly Merrell, Nurse Practitioner, and Alyssa Grant, Physicians Assistant.
- College: Miami University, Oxford, Ohio B.A. 1999
- Medical School: Ohio State University, M.D., 2003
- Internship: Kettering Medical Center
- Residency: Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virginia
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- South Carolina State Medical License
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine